It’s officially award seasons!!!! Wahoo! Why am I so excited about this? Because my favorite pass time since I was a little kid was judging celebrities’ red carpet looks! Sorry, I’m not gonna lie about this…Ever since I was little, I always watched E!’s Live from the Red Carpet with the late great Joan Rivers. Then I anxiously awaited Fashion Police the next day so I could relive the best and worst dress. I love hearing the opinions of Joan, Melissa and the guests! Sometimes I agreed and sometimes I didn’t.
I just love the glitz, glam and fashion…when I was little I wanted to be either an architect or a fashion designer (neither panned out if you haven’t noticed by my multiple monitors and cube from Instagram – whomp whomp lo). I used look at the new runway looks every season, picking out my fave. Then I would have my sewing mom recreate them for dance dresses. We would combine multiple patterns or even go rouge and kinda make our own just so I could have something one of a kind and awesome.
My love of fashion and red carpets hasn’t waned in the slightest. After every major red carpet, my sis and I e-mail back and forth discussing our faves and worst dressed. In the past few years, we’ve been super disappointed in the carpets, so here’s to hoping tomorrow night’s is a good one! I have previously reviewed the 2015 MTV VMA’s Red Carpet and the 2015 Emmy’s (aka the most disappointing celebrity homecoming on the planet). For the Globes this year I’ve decided to do a preview of the Top 10 Ladies I’m looking out for since there are new faces and old favorites! Here we go!
- Taraji P. Henson – She’s newish on the scene fashion-wise with her hit show, Empire. I also named her one of my best dressed at the Emmy’s. She seems to care and put effort into her looks which I appreciate! Can’t wait to see what she’s gonna come in!
- Amy Adams – She’s just a presented, but I’ve always like Amy’s style. My sister and I actually usually disagree on what Amy’s wearing (she hates and I love it), but I don’t care. Maybe she will have some fun with it since she’s just a presenter.
- Kate Hudson – This is kinda a no brainer. She is basically a professional presenter now and loves to rock the carpet in a look that shows off her incredible body. Even if it’s just to ow and aw at her gorgeous-ness and sexiness, Kate will definitely turn the heat up on the carpet.
- J. Lo – Kate and her have a very similar sexy style except J. Lo’s is a lil more sheer Zuhair Murad ice skater sex appeal. I am hoping J. Lo throws it back more towards her Oscar’s dress this past year, full on ball gown. I love her in a ball gown every now and then.
- Cate Blanchett – She is a fashion world darling and always has the first pick of the dresses. I don’t always agree with what she chooses, but she’s always in something interesting. She will never show up in an ice skater gown which is good enough for me at this point.
- Brie Larson – She’s a newcomer! Nominated for best actress, it’s her time to shine. I don’t really know much about her style because I feel like this is the first time she is anywhere as a “star” so this is really exciting. Will she break out like Lupita Nyong’o?? Or will she just be meh? IDK!
- Alicia Vikander – Another newcomer! Alicia is nominated in not only the best actress category but also best supporting actress. Also, she’s kept her red carpet style pretty low key so I’m wandering with these two factors will she turn it out for a major statement? She’s super new on the major player scene like Brie Larson so who know how her look is going to play out tomorrow!
- Eva Longoria – WAH…you say…hear me out. It’s been awhile since we’ve see Eva on a carpet. She’s got a funny new show she’s been promoting. I think she might really make a statement. Eva has never shied away from color, intense mermaid train dresses. She could really wow us.
- Jennifer Lawrence – This is solely because I want to see what God awful, ill-fitting, snooze-fest Dior creation they slap on her. That’s it lol. Sorry.
- Lady Gaga – Gaga has significantly toned down her Gaga-ness in the past year or so. She dresses a lot more sophisticated and elegantly. I like the new Gaga. I’m looking forward to what kinda glam she brings!
There we have it my friends! My Top 10 I’m looking out for on the red carpet tomorrow night at the 2016 Golden Globes! Look for my FULL fashion recap on Monday night! Trust me, it won’t disappoint (even if the fashion does).
Wet Hair, Don’t Care